Need advice on job change after i-140 approved

dtahiliani

Hello All,

I have an I-140 approved from my current employer from last 1 yr. Currently, I have got an new opportunity with better profile, benefits but same background skills. I am looking to go ahead with that offer. I am aware about that my current employer needs to restart the whole process again which includes PERM and I-140 refilling. 

I am looking to know that whether i can use my current i-140 which is approved by my current employer to get further extensions until new organization files the new PERM and I-140, also will there be any issue at time of stamping, how long will my i-140 stay active, will it impact EAD ?

Please help me with your inputs on the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello pontevecchio,

Thanks for your response, my question is can i use the same I-140 of my previous employer to get extensions further even though i have joined the employer "B"  unless my PD comes?

There can be scenario where my "B" employer fills the PERM or whole process after 1 yr and my extension is due in that can we use the same i-140 of "A" employer to get extension?

Also what does it means when employer says we will port your i-140 PD at time of transfer ?

Please help me your inputs.