All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maksimus

Legal Help on possible employer misconduct

Hi,

My Perm filing was delayed due to mistakes made by my employer's HR during recruitment process. My PERM application went into audited for missing information and my h1b (6yrs) expired after that. After the audit, PERM was rejected and the lawyers told then that they did not provide my employment dates correctly.

Since, my PERM went into audit, I have been put on unpaid leave by my employer and I'm back in my home country. It's been 4 months and they have not confirmed alternate job options.

Can I take any legal action against my employer for negligence and affecting my employment? Any suggestions/attorney recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Maksimus said:

Can I take any legal action against my employer for negligence and affecting my employment? Any suggestions/attorney recommendations would be helpful.

May be. Nobody here can give you a magical answer.  PERM and i140 are employers petitions. These are not your fundamental rights governed by constitution. Your employer have no legal obligation to file PERM or i140 for you in the first place unless it was written as part of a contract. 

If you want to know your course of action please get your case reviewed in depth by  immigration/labour or other suitable attorneys.

One option you may try to contact Murthy kind of attorneys that are in US as well as in your home country. It's a long shot but you will get consultation.