Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

H1b Transfer after returning back to India

Recommended Posts



I have been working in US for 3 years through an employer.

I had to resign and return back to India.

Now, I want to work again and want to know the procedure.

Is it going to be simple Visa Transfer that I can initiate from India through an employer or Do I need to go through any other process.

How can I check my Current H1b Status. My Visa Validity is until Sep-2020.



Janani R

Share this post

Link to post

Visa is an entry stamp. You are entitled to 3 years in total in H1 status and not subject to the cap. An employer would need to file a non cap H1 petition for you and on approval, you can get the H1 visa stamp and come over to start work.

Share this post

Link to post

An employer can just file an H1 petition for you at any time. When it is approved you can enter with the valid visa and a copy of the new approval notice. If the visa is expired you of course would need a new visa.

Share this post

Link to post

Thank you so much for the response! I will be working to get that done!

I hope that I am clear in my first message that I wont be working for my Old employer, it will be a different employer now.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now