Wrong consulate selected for H1B stamping which does not take H1B petitions

My employer has filed the H1B cap-exempt petition for Consular Processing. The attorney has asked me the US  Consulate Location to mention in I-129 form. I did not know that all Consulates do not entertain H-1B Application.  I gave him the nearest US Consulate Location.  When I logged into the embassy interview scheduling Portal to check the wait time for H1B interview, I realized that the particular Consular Post does not entertain the H1B application, Luckily the petition was filed last week, and it has not been approved yet.

What can be done to rectify this mistake? 

On 4/21/2019 at 5:46 AM, muneeb said:

My employer has filed the H1B cap-exempt petition for Consular Processing. The attorney has asked me the US  Consulate Location to mention in I-129 form. I did not know that all Consulates do not entertain H-1B Application.  I gave him the nearest US Consulate Location.  When I logged into the embassy interview scheduling Portal to check the wait time for H1B interview, I realized that the particular Consular Post does not entertain the H1B application, Luckily the petition was filed last week, and it has not been approved yet.

FYI,

After getting consular petition approved, It's not mandatory to go the same location to attend visa interview as mentioned in your approval notification.

I have seen many folks who got approved through consular petition (got I-797B) & went to different consulate other than mentioned in the approval notice.

Contact me if you need further details, i can connect you with similar folks.

GoodLuck !!!

On 4/21/2019 at 6:46 AM, muneeb said:

No issues. You can go to any consulate for visa stamping. Consulate information on H-1 application is just a formality.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 10:57 AM, venkatramrm@gmail.com said:

FYI,

After getting consular petition approved, It's not mandatory to go the same location to attend visa interview as mentioned in your approval notification.

I have seen many folks who got approved through consular petition (got I-797B) & went to different consulate other than mentioned in the approval notice.

Contact me if you need further details, i can connect you with similar folks.

GoodLuck !!!

Hello venkat 

need more information on attending other consulate