Visitor visa extending stay

Ramnath

I am planning to extend my mother in law's stay for another 6 months. She is here for 4 months and her I-94 expires on June 2nd.

I have questions about documentation. I have filled I 539 form and included a letter stating that she wants to extend her visa for tourism purposes.

I will be taking care of her expenses.

Should I be filling I 134(Affidavit of support) form? 

I have included bank statements, pay stubs and employment verification letter.

I don't have a return ticket, is it mandatory to include return ticket in the application?

I am on h1b and my visa expires in Aug 2019 and my employer is in the process of extending my visa.

Will it be a problem if we are requesting for visitor visa extension, beyond my h1b expiry date?

Also, can we request extension for 6 more months, will the chances of getting approval increase if we request for a shorter term?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 1:58 PM, pontevecchio said:

Your documents are not relevant. Under the prevailing political circumstance, I would not try to extend her visit since presumably she had time in the current stay to visit places. 

What do you mean by not relevant? I am sponsoring her, so I am attaching the proofs for my income.

I understand its risky under the current circumstances.

Edited by Ramnath
  • 1 month later...

Hi @Ramnath - Did you go ahead with the extension? I am in a similar situation and need some help

Can someone provide some clarity on this:

If my mother is still in the US past her initial I94 expiry date and we get a denial on the request, does this void her multiple entry B-2 visa?

If she has departed the US, past the initial I94 expiry date  and then we get a denial, does this affect her B2 visa?

Thanks,

Vijeta

On 5/6/2019 at 4:24 PM, Ramnath said:

What do you mean by not relevant? I am sponsoring her, so I am attaching the proofs for my income.

I understand its risky under the current circumstances.

There is no sponsoring for visitors. Your income is irrelevant.

• 1 month later...