Visa Stamping in Canada - DS160 Question

Hello,

My visa interview is scheduled for next week in Canada. I am unable to retrieve the DS160 (not submitted and not filled) used to book my visa interview. Can I create a  new DS160 and use it for my interview? Website instructs to cancel the appointment and reschedule it if I want to update my DS160 number there. Can I take my new DS160 to interview without updating my profile online?

Thank you

This is same issue which happened to me Vancouver Canada in June of 2016. I mailed Vancouver Consulate explaining my case and they said submit new DS 160 and send/email them DS 160 confirmation page which you get after DS 160 submission and they will update DS 160 number in my interview profile and they did it. It took around 7 business days. I guess you can also do same.

Thank you so much for your response. My interview is on Thursday  25th April and they are closed on 4/19 and 4/22. I am not sure if they will be able to update my profile in time for my interview. I will email them explaining my situation.

Can I attend the interview with new DS160 without my profile being update with the new DS160 number? 

On 4/19/2019 at 9:43 AM, megh_2088 said:

Thank you so much for your response. My interview is on Thursday  25th April and they are closed on 4/19 and 4/22. I am not sure if they will be able to update my profile in time for my interview. I will email them explaining my situation.

Can I attend the interview with new DS160 without my profile being update with the new DS160 number? 

Yes, you can attend without any issues. Just carry new DS160 to consulate, Once they scan your new ds160, their system will be updated with your latest details

On 4/19/2019 at 10:43 AM, megh_2088 said:

You can go and let them know since it is already late. In India they update it. So there should be something in Canada too.