H1B Speciality Occupation

mk1144

Hi,

My Friend has done her Bachelors in Pharmacy and MS in chemistry. She is working in IT field. She got her H1b approved in 2015 and has applied for extension recently. Her petition was denied on basis of specialty occupation. Is there someone who has same back ground approved. Is there any way to get this sorted out. Please help me find some solution for this.

Thanks

MK1144

20 hours ago, mk1144 said:

Hi,

My Friend has done her Bachelors in Pharmacy and MS in chemistry. She is working in IT field. She got her H1b approved in 2015 and has applied for extension recently. Her petition was denied on basis of specialty occupation. Is there someone who has same back ground approved. Is there any way to get this sorted out. Please help me find some solution for this.

Thanks

MK1144

This is very hard to work out. How does someone who is trained in chemistry can work in IT ? USCIS in 2015 was not enforcing the h1b law. So I would be surprised if she can have h1b approved for an IT position unless her employer can demonstrate she meets all the requirements for H1b and the position. She can find an employer in chemistry field and they can petition h1b on her behalf. 

Archived