All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashising

Group for perspective Eb5 investors

Hi,

I am on H1B visa and considering EB5 based green card. I have done some research, but still looking to group with like minded people with Eb5 interest.

Please reach out to me and lets form a group to take it forward.

Thanks,

Ashish

Hi, 

I applied for EB5 in March, 2017. Still waiting for my i-526 approval.

With the new changes because of the India retrogression. it is now a longer wait.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the process.

Hello All,

I'm currently on 8th year of H1b visa, I've also I-140 approved in EB2 category. I was thinking to apply in EB5 category in $500K investment. Can somebody provider me with whom you guys have applied through? Also, my current visa is expiring in Dec of 2019 (I'll be applying for my H1b extension in mid July 2019), now say for example if we apply in EB5 category for $500K in Nov 2019 and my H1b extension gets reject in such case do we need to go back to India? Also, can somebody share success EB5 attorney contact details?

Thank you in advance

On 6/10/2019 at 2:16 PM, gk03 said:

Hello All,

I'm currently on 8th year of H1b visa, I've also I-140 approved in EB2 category. I was thinking to apply in EB5 category in $500K investment. Can somebody provider me with whom you guys have applied through? Also, my current visa is expiring in Dec of 2019 (I'll be applying for my H1b extension in mid July 2019), now say for example if we apply in EB5 category for $500K in Nov 2019 and my H1b extension gets reject in such case do we need to go back to India? Also, can somebody share success EB5 attorney contact details?

Thank you in advance

EB5 visa is a separate individual visa and it has nothing to have with your H1B visa. Yes if your H1B get denial then you have to go back to India and you can either come back with any other visa or when your EB5 visa will get approve. I am sending you my cell number in your profile message, you can contact me and I can guide you.

FYI_ I am not a lawyer or not related to EB5 company. I can just share my experience as I have filled the EB5 after lot of study.

On 6/20/2019 at 5:50 PM, Optimistic1 said:

Hi All,

I am also looking for EB5 inputs based on your personal experience, appreciate any help.

Thanks 

Hi,

Have you decided whether you are planning to make Direct investment or investment through Regional Center for your EB-5 visa?

Really, if you have the financial means for an EB5 petition you can afford paid guidance by an immigration lawyer.

On 6/11/2019 at 2:35 PM, h1visa_stamping said:

EB5 visa is a separate individual visa and it has nothing to have with your H1B visa. Yes if your H1B get denial then you have to go back to India and you can either come back with any other visa or when your EB5 visa will get approve. I am sending you my cell number in your profile message, you can contact me and I can guide you.

FYI_ I am not a lawyer or not related to EB5 company. I can just share my experience as I have filled the EB5 after lot of study.

Hello, Can you please provide your contact details as i would like to personally speak with you about EB5 and sincerely appreciate your help!

On 7/10/2019 at 1:39 PM, KiranChimmiri said:

Hello, Can you please provide your contact details as i would like to personally speak with you about EB5 and sincerely appreciate your help!

messaged you in your eb5 messenger

On 7/14/2019 at 1:14 PM, Optimistic1 said:

Thanks KamalK, I haven't decided and looking for inputs regarding the same. Appreciate any feedback.

Hi Optimistic1

Unless you have a strong experience of owning and managing your own business, and confident that you will be able to run a business in U.S. on your own and create required number of jobs, I would say Indirect Investment is far better than making a direct investment.

Indirect investment, specially in construction projects are more popular in EB-5 due to its lower risk with job creation. In order to create the required number of jobs, once the construction budget is spent, the jobs are deemed to be created. Lets assume, a Project budget is $100 million, and a Project Developer is raising $20 million in EB-5 money, all the jobs created by spending $100 million can be counted towards EB-5 Investors visa requirement. And usually any good EB-5 Project ends up employing more people than the minimum required. Plus all Indirect jobs created through the Project can also be counted towards your EB-5 visa requirement, Indirect jobs means those are created by spending on raw materials, goods/services, equipment etc.

However, in the direct investment, only those jobs in which the individuals will work directly for the Company will be counted. Direct investment in a small business can also carry a much higher risk as it is quite common that small new businesses fail to meet their revenue projections in earlier years, so if $500,000 is not enough to keep the business going, additional investment may be required to keep 10 people employed throughout the required period.

In indirect investment, with any good EB-5 Project, EB-5 investment is typically structured with a maturity date so an investor can have a good understanding of the timeline of return of capital.

On 7/16/2019 at 5:13 PM, KamalK said:

Hi Optimistic1

Unless you have a strong experience of owning and managing your own business, and confident that you will be able to run a business in U.S. on your own and create required number of jobs, I would say Indirect Investment is far better than making a direct investment.

Indirect investment, specially in construction projects are more popular in EB-5 due to its lower risk with job creation. In order to create the required number of jobs, once the construction budget is spent, the jobs are deemed to be created. Lets assume, a Project budget is $100 million, and a Project Developer is raising $20 million in EB-5 money, all the jobs created by spending $100 million can be counted towards EB-5 Investors visa requirement. And usually any good EB-5 Project ends up employing more people than the minimum required. Plus all Indirect jobs created through the Project can also be counted towards your EB-5 visa requirement, Indirect jobs means those are created by spending on raw materials, goods/services, equipment etc.

However, in the direct investment, only those jobs in which the individuals will work directly for the Company will be counted. Direct investment in a small business can also carry a much higher risk as it is quite common that small new businesses fail to meet their revenue projections in earlier years, so if $500,000 is not enough to keep the business going, additional investment may be required to keep 10 people employed throughout the required period.

In indirect investment, with any good EB-5 Project, EB-5 investment is typically structured with a maturity date so an investor can have a good understanding of the timeline of return of capital.

Thanks KamalK, very well explained and highly appreciate it! 

On 7/22/2019 at 7:03 PM, Optimistic1 said:

Thanks KamalK, very well explained and highly appreciate it! 

Most welcome :), If there is any other query, I will be happy to help. Just to clarify, I am not an attorney or an Immigration Agent, or any Issuer/Regional Center/Developer. I can help you with any Project/Investment related queries.

By the way,  I hope you know the new Regulation change for EB-5 visa - the amount for minimum investment has increased to $900,000 from $500,000, applicable after November 30, 2019. If anyone applies prior to this date, the minimum investment amount will still be $500,000.

I was at a recent EB5 event and learned more difference between the Regional Center and Direct EB-5 approach. Just the cost of doing the paperwork for a Direct EB5 - all the business plan offering documents, economic reports on job creation, etc. alone will cost in six figures. 

So, given the short time frame for the 500K investment window going with a regional center may be better and may be the only option to make it by November 2019.

I am an EB-5 investor who has received his green card in 16 months, my I-526 was approved in 12 months. Of course, this was all before the retrogression happened for India recently. I have spent considerable time (years) in the EB-5 field researching projects and doing my due diligence before I finally invested. 

I have been helping fellow investors, if you have any questions, feel free to ask..

Edited by eb5updates_com
removed website

If you consider EB-5, did you know that instead of waiting for 8+ years (if you're from China, India or Vietnam) and investing $0.5M or $1M you can get GC through purchase of a small business in USA? That gives you visa L1A and you should be able to move to the US within several months and get Green Card within a year! Your family is also covered and gets work authorization right after you move to the US. I just went through my 15-years journey on getting my GC and now selling my restaurant in Memphis TN area that would allow the buyer to make GC very easily.

EB-5 is BY FAR not the best way to get GC. 

Hello,

I have applied I526 in April 2018 and got an RFE, did any one got RFE Please let me know. RFE is regarding the Donar taxes