H1B Visa Interview after 221G

moizIrfan1987

HI,

My H1B approved last year with petition period of just 3 months, i had a visa interview in Nov 2018 , i received 221g to submit client letter.  my company submitted client letter and additional document in Dec 2018 and petition got expired in Dec 31 2018.  In Feb 2019 my company applied for cap exempt premium processing and my petition approved in 6 days, this month i am going for visa interview with family. as per my both petitions , i will be working in in house project.

In first interview in Nov 2018  i ended up answering i will be working for client, so i received 221g. but as per petition i will be working on in house project, its mistake my side as i was working on client project in India i thought i will be working USA also on client project. though my company submitted client letter and petition got expired.

This month again i am going for Visa interview with family, what should my answer for below questions

1. are you going to work for any client? ( as per petition in house project, but last interview ended up answering as client)

2. if i answer in house project for above question then they may ask why last time you said you will work for client.  what should be my answer?

3.  one more question not related to above scenario, cap exempt petition salary is different from offer letter salary(offer letter salary is as per first petition expired in 3 months), will it be a concern in Visa interview?

7 hours ago, moizIrfan1987 said:

HI,

My H1B approved last year with petition period of just 3 months, i had a visa interview in Nov 2018 , i received 221g to submit client letter.  my company submitted client letter and additional document in Dec 2018 and petition got expired in Dec 31 2018.  In Feb 2019 my company applied for cap exempt premium processing and my petition approved in 6 days, this month i am going for visa interview with family. as per my both petitions , i will be working in in house project.

In first interview in Nov 2018  i ended up answering i will be working for client, so i received 221g. but as per petition i will be working on in house project, its mistake my side as i was working on client project in India i thought i will be working USA also on client project. though my company submitted client letter and petition got expired.

This month again i am going for Visa interview with family, what should my answer for below questions

1. are you going to work for any client? ( as per petition in house project, but last interview ended up answering as client)

2. if i answer in house project for above question then they may ask why last time you said you will work for client.  what should be my answer?

3.  one more question not related to above scenario, cap exempt petition salary is different from offer letter salary(offer letter salary is as per first petition expired in 3 months), will it be a concern in Visa interview?

It doesn't matter what you said before. You simply answer the truth. If a question comes up on the previous answer, you can clarify it as a mistake if it was a honest mistake. Offer letters are meaningless. You must be paid at least what is listed on LCA and i-129 filed to DOL and USCIS.

11 hours ago, xTDx said:

It doesn't matter what you said before. You simply answer the truth. If a question comes up on the previous answer, you can clarify it as a mistake if it was a honest mistake. Offer letters are meaningless. You must be paid at least what is listed on LCA and i-129 filed to DOL and USCIS.

1. so no need to get updated offer letter with petition salary ? recently my colleague went for interview they ask to show offer letter, officer has gone through  all the offer letter.

2. i can accept my mistake from previous interview, but my company submitted cleint letter and MSA,  will they ask why you submitted client letter and MSA if your petition says in house? if they ask what should be my answer

@xTDx

1. so no need to get updated offer letter with petition salary ? recently my colleague went for interview they ask to show offer letter, officer has gone through  all the offer letter.

2. i can accept my mistake from previous interview, but my company submitted client letter and MSA,  will they ask why you submitted as part of 221g reply client letter and MSA if your petition says in house? if they ask what should be my answer

@GopalaKrishnach:  i will be working on in house project as per petition no where mention as client project in petition

Archived