Intended period of stay and passport validity

Hi,

I am planning to go for visa stamping on July 23rd. My H1B visa expires on 02/01/2021 and passport expires on 11/24/2020. I have a confusion regarding the "Intended period of stay" question in DS 160. Can i state my intended period of stay till my visa is valid (02/01/2021) or 6 months prior to my passport expires (which is 05/24/2020) or the expiry date of my passport (11/24/2020). The visa scheduling portal states that one should possess "A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States " . Please help! I need to schedule my appointment soon. Thanks!

9 hours ago, piscean72 said:

Can i state my intended period of stay till my visa is valid (02/01/2021) or 6 months prior to my passport expires (which is 05/24/2020) or the expiry date of my passport (11/24/2020).

Yes. Your intended period has very little to do with passport expiry. You can always renew your passport here in US. 

Edited by xTDx