H1B Stamping Dropbox eligibility

Hello,

My H1B visa with previous employer expired in Sept 2018. I was wondering if I can use dropbox facility at Mumbai consulate for re-stamping (renewal) with current employer being mentioned on current I-797. I need to visit India in a month's time...and visa interview dates are not available.

(Background: I was employed with previous employer from Oct 2015 to Dec 2016. Visa with this employer was as mentioned above till Sept 2018. After job change in Dec 2016 I got new I-797 which is valid till Oct 2019..will applying for extension soon)

Thank you

16 hours ago, msk13 said:

isa interview dates are not available.

How do you know that ?

The dates availability on DHS website and on ustraveldocs website is incorrect. You will guaranteed get a date in next 2 weeks if you create a profile on ustraveldocs, pay fee and try to book an appointment after paying fee. Do exactly what I said and you will be able to get appointments. Yesterday I could see appointments for b2 and h1b etc as soon as 2 days in advance in chennai and mumbai while the DHS and ustraveldocs website telling me for a wait time of 30 days plus. This is well known for at least 8 years now. If you still do not see appointments, try later at night and keep trying. 

Edited by xTDx
On 4/9/2019 at 11:58 PM, msk13 said:

Hello,

My H1B visa with previous employer expired in Sept 2018. I was wondering if I can use dropbox facility at Mumbai consulate for re-stamping (renewal) with current employer being mentioned on current I-797. I need to visit India in a month's time...and visa interview dates are not available.

(Background: I was employed with previous employer from Oct 2015 to Dec 2016. Visa with this employer was as mentioned above till Sept 2018. After job change in Dec 2016 I got new I-797 which is valid till Oct 2019..will applying for extension soon)

Thank you

You are eligible for drop box since your visa has not been expired for more than 12 months. Change of employer does not matter.

On 4/9/2019 at 11:58 PM, msk13 said:

Hello,

Thank you

Hello msk13,

Have you tried booking a visa appointment? I am curious to know if you were eligible for dropbox option as my case also similar to yours.

Thanks,

Kalyan