Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

I have arrived to the United States on an immigrant visa. I wish to pursue a masters degree on an In-State student basis. Is it true for all the States in the country that it requires a whole year to prove your residency subsequent to joining college as an In-state student? Is there any State that offers permanent residents who have just arrived to the nation, join into their University as an In-State student. I currently am not a resident if any State as I’ve just arrived. Thank you in advance. 

Share this post

Link to post

Each state defines this themselves, but I don't know of any state that does not require a 1 year residency before being eligible for instate tuition.

And applications take several months, anyway, so you probably reach the 1-year mark before you are admitted.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now