H1B - H4 COS

Sharon123

I am in H1B with its validity upto Feb 4,2020 and am planning to apply for H4 COS with my spouse H1B valid till March,2020.

When filing I-539 I see the below clause

Change of Status. Part 2., Item Number 3.b. of the application, select the date you want your change of status to occur on. If approved, your change of status will occur on the date your current nonimmigrant status ends, the date of approval, or the requested date, whichever occurs later

In this case I would like to know if my H4COS is approved would my H4 be valid from the date of approval or would it be valid only after Feb 8,2020 (validity of my current H1 petition).

It would be much helpful if you could clarify this doubt of mine and my thanks in advance

On 4/4/2019 at 2:12 PM, Sharon123 said:

I am in H1B with its validity upto Feb 4,2020 and am planning to apply for H4 COS with my spouse H1B valid till March,2020.

When filing I-539 I see the below clause

Change of Status. Part 2., Item Number 3.b. of the application, select the date you want your change of status to occur on. If approved, your change of status will occur on the date your current nonimmigrant status ends, the date of approval, or the requested date, whichever occurs later

In this case I would like to know if my H4COS is approved would my H4 be valid from the date of approval or would it be valid only after Feb 8,2020 (validity of my current H1 petition).

It would be much helpful if you could clarify this doubt of mine and my thanks in advance

Once the COS is approved it will be effective the same day of approval.

Archived