Help to bring wife and kid back to US. H4 VISA stamping with pending shoplifting charge.

Need an urgent help to back my wife and Kid to US. Me(on H1B) and My wife(was on H4) had very clean record. My wife got caught on a Shoplifting charge from one of the retail store for a theft of items 41 USD from Ohio state (This is the only criminal charge in her record) on Aug 2018.She missed her scheduled court date (& hence having bench warrant now) and left the US before her court day as her father expired in home country.  Me and my wife's I94 got expired on Jan 19 itself. I am in US & have currently filed for my H1B extension and currently waiting for result. Once approved, What are the options & steps to bring them back on H4 & what are the chances of getting H4 visa, once my H1B gets approved? I understand that i have to work with both criminal and immigration attorney for the same.She is ready to continue the pending case once she can be back to US. Please guide with the directions.

9 hours ago, srimanthJohn said:

Need an urgent help to back my wife and Kid to US. Me(on H1B) and My wife(was on H4) had very clean record. My wife got caught on a Shoplifting charge from one of the retail store for a theft of items 41 USD from Ohio state (This is the only criminal charge in her record) on Aug 2018.She missed her scheduled court date (& hence having bench warrant now) and left the US before her court day as her father expired in home country.  Me and my wife's I94 got expired on Jan 19 itself. I am in US & have currently filed for my H1B extension and currently waiting for result. Once approved, What are the options & steps to bring them back on H4 & what are the chances of getting H4 visa, once my H1B gets approved? I understand that i have to work with both criminal and immigration attorney for the same.She is ready to continue the pending case once she can be back to US. Please guide with the directions.

Best option would be, talk to an immigration attorney first. Good luck!

2 hours ago, srimanthJohn said:

Surely, I will go and talk. But any chances to bring them back?

That is what you would have to work with an attorney. There are many moving parts here. A team of immigration and criminal attorneys will have to sit together and find a strategy that might work. The bench warrant only made it more complicated. The sooner you start working with real attorneys, the sooner this can be fixed (If it can ever be)

• 5 months later...