All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sam3215

h1b visa approved in USC interview after dismissed case solicit pros.

I hope this would help others in the same situation.

My visa got approved today by the VO after the interview. I had a dismissed case related to solicit pros. CA in 2015.

interview experience listed below:

VO: How are you doing today? Give me your passport.

Me: Good afternoon doing good. How are you? gave passport.

VO: Who is your petitioner?

Me: told.

VO: Give me your I-797 approval.

Me: gave.

VO: What is your role?

VO: what is your salary?

VO: Which state/city are you working?

VO: Do you have kids and Are you married?

VO: Where you arrested? what happened?

Me: told about the arrest and said the case was dismissed by DA.

VO: Do you have the court documents?

Me: Yes, I provided the court docs along with the Immigration attorney Memo letter.

VO: Took print outs and was speaking to the Manager. Took 10-15 mins and come back asked for Any other documents i have ?

Me: Gave Diversion certificate, DA office letter, Arrest citation.

VO: Took copies of all documents. Typed some info in the system. (overall took 10-15 minutes wait).

VO; came back and said visa is approved and gave  me a green slip saying the visa is approved and I asked how many days to receive the passport, the VO said 4-5 business days.

I went and had a look at the CEAC website entered my case ID and interview location. but it says Administrative processing. 

VO said Visa approved but the CEAC DOS website says Administrative processing. Not sure why its in AP even if visa was approved by the CO/VO during the interview.

anybody has any thoughts?

You will have to wait until the DOS does administrative processing in your case. The verbal approval means its good so far but they will review and verify the court docs and issue it.

On 4/4/2019 at 1:50 AM, xTDx said:

You will have to wait until the DOS does administrative processing in your case. The verbal approval means its good so far but they will review and verify the court docs and issue it.

Thanks xTDx. I hope the AP does not extend beyond 1-2 weeks.

Can they still deny or refuse visa after verbal approval also?

15 hours ago, sam3215 said:

Can they still deny or refuse visa after verbal approval also?

Not to scare you but Yes. 

On 4/4/2019 at 1:50 AM, xTDx said:

Still my visa application status is in Administrative processing. Its been One week + One day after the visa interview.

April 2- Biometric

April 3- Visa Interview. (Visa was approved verbally by VO).

April 11th- Today ( Still in AP). No date change. Case created April 3rd.

Any thoughts if the AP will be going on for few more weeks? Please help me -- Worried if there will be more delays.

10 hours ago, sam3215 said:

Still my visa application status is in Administrative processing. Its been One week + One day after the visa interview.

April 2- Biometric

April 3- Visa Interview. (Visa was approved verbally by VO).

April 11th- Today ( Still in AP). No date change. Case created April 3rd.

Any thoughts if the AP will be going on for few more weeks? Please help me -- Worried if there will be more delays.

Same thing. The only thing you can do is to wait. Most criminal record related 221g have a decision in 4-6 weeks on average. 

14 hours ago, xTDx said:

Same thing. The only thing you can do is to wait. Most criminal record related 221g have a decision in 4-6 weeks on average. 

There was no 221g slip issued after the visa interview? is that common?  The case was dismissed and I have no conviction. Only the arrest record is there which can't be expunged in CA.

On 4/12/2019 at 4:57 AM, sam3215 said:

There was no 221g slip issued after the visa interview? is that common?  The case was dismissed and I have no conviction. Only the arrest record is there which can't be expunged in CA.

Pretty pretty common. 

Not to scare you USCIS point of view its doesn't matter case dismissed or not convicted.  

if you arrested  they  need to send your details to Washington DC FBI  deportment for background  verification , to clear this process it may take  4-6 weeks.  if you have arrest record and this is the routine process when ever  you go to visa stamping. 

my suggestion is if you have  arrest record plan to home country  for emergency only or plan to take  vacation for 1-2 months for home country visit..

Hello i have the same case.. And i need to talk to you urgently. Can you share the contact information.  I am residing in Texas

On 5/16/2019 at 3:47 AM, Kirtishanon said:

Did you get visa stamped?

how-many days did you wait?

yes i got stampled in 2-3 weeks i got my visa.

I am back to US, was sent to secondary inspection

On 5/16/2019 at 1:27 PM, DeviGuda said:

Hello i have the same case.. And i need to talk to you urgently. Can you share the contact information.  I am residing in Texas

PM me.