Question about I-94 status on the CBP website

immig2015

Hello, 

My father landed in US on a B2 visa yesterday (March 29). When I click the "Get most recent I-94" link, it still shows his previous arrival from 2017. But his March 29, 2019 arrival is displayed under the "Travel history results" link. 

Question: 
How long does it take for the most recent arrival to be updated on the CBP website under "Get most recent I-94"? 

Thank you

This usually happens when someone's name on passport is different than the visa because of long last/first/middle name or missing last name (FNU , LNU etc)

Think it this way: the i94 is available online but you are using incorrect details to retrieve it or cbp made a mistake in entering some of the details while generating i94.

If visa and passport name matches then try this:  Instead of using passport number, use visa number in passport details. CBP officers in eastern states are known to use visa number instead of passport number while generating a i94.  

If visa name has LNU or FNU in the names, use those names and use visa number as passport number. Play with these combinations and it will work. 

If all fails visit CBP deferred inspection and get i94 corrected. 

Archived