Issues in Europe Transit Airport. Non Stop flights are better ?

Hello Immigrant Family,

What i understand that If you're traveling from US to India Via Europe with Expired H1B visa(Or Expired US visa) you're required to Have an transit visa in Europe(Depending on airline/Airport- German/UK/France Etc)? Is this true?  JFYI- An valid I-797/ I94 is NOT considered as an valid H1B visa. 

I'm Hearing lot of folks talking about lot of issues in Europe airports  Especially in London, Frankfurt/Munich(Germany) & Paris etc

Has anyone experienced the same in Europe airports or Europe transit visa?

I've been recommended to fly Non Stop flights/ Via Dubai since Europe has become very unstable for immigrants. They are causing unnecessary problems. To sit in connecting airport for 2 hours, You need a transit visa sounds insane to me? All they want is your money! Insane! 

This is old issue and europe transitioning flights will not let you board if you have an expired visa and even though you are going to your home country with a valid home passport. You should either go via middle east or take a non-stop flight.

The reasoning behind this BS seems to be that if for any reason you are denied onboarding to your next flight to home country, they would have to deport you back to originating country i.e US , which would not allow you in because of an expired visa. Another reasoning is that they are scared of you to possibly apply for asylum. I may be wrong on these two theories.

ou need a transit visa sounds insane to me? All they want is your money! Insane!  .. this is not always money and please stop spreading this. There are many reasons behind this starting from national security, immigration issues, illegal and temporary travels straining on their resources and so on. In xTDx comments I agree to most of it but it is not BS and his reasons seems valid and make sense to me.

I am sure in this case, the airlines will always help you since they check your documents before boarding and they will advise you accordingly. This is wrong place to post your question...

On 4/1/2019 at 2:02 PM, User108 said:

Hello Immigrant Family,

What i understand that If you're traveling from US to India Via Europe with Expired H1B visa(Or Expired US visa) you're required to Have an transit visa in Europe(Depending on airline/Airport- German/UK/France Etc)? Is this true?  JFYI- An valid I-797/ I94 is NOT considered as an valid H1B visa. 

I'm Hearing lot of folks talking about lot of issues in Europe airports  Especially in London, Frankfurt/Munich(Germany) & Paris etc

Has anyone experienced the same in Europe airports or Europe transit visa?

I've been recommended to fly Non Stop flights/ Via Dubai since Europe has become very unstable for immigrants. They are causing unnecessary problems. To sit in connecting airport for 2 hours, You need a transit visa sounds insane to me? All they want is your money! Insane! 

Best option is to take middle east flights to India. No hassles. Avoid Europe if you don't have a valid visa.

• 2 weeks later...