Should I cancel my parent's interview (after OFC) and restart all over again?

crazy_planning

My parents and brother are planning to come visit me and my wife on a B2 visa. I am on a conditional GC (condition ending this year) and have been in US on F1/H1 since 2012.

Due to improper planning, I asked my dad to put me as their sponsor on the DS160 forms instead of self even though my dad can show that he can self sponsor (substantial monthly income 2L+ rs, properties, etc). My dad is in finance in a power company and mom is a housewife. They both have been in the US in 1992 for a few months.

Also the intended duration of stay added in the form is 3 months for my parents and 1 month for my brother. The biometrics were done last week for my parents and brother, March 25th and visa interview is on April 15th.

After reading more and realizing our case is very weak, my brother decided to drop out of the interview and will be a no-show (is this a bad idea?) because he doesn't have strong ties (single, self employed, 27) and will weaken my parent's chances too. Also, we want to change the sponsorship information on the DS 160 forms (self sponsor) and duration of stay from 3 months to 3 weeks.

What is the best option? We don't mind forfeiting the fees/appointment date and restarting all over or should we make a new ds160 with updated information and take it to the consulate (this looks suspicious?)

Thank you ! 

There is no sponsoring for a visitor visa. You can pay for the trip, but that's not sponsoring. If you read about visitor visa cases as you claim you would know that. We sure have explained that lots of times here.

They sure can attend the interview, just avoid any coaching or visa "consultants." Memorized answers are what is bad. Consular officers can easily see through that.

Archived