Assert record on DV and plead guilty (not convicted).

sat42

Hi 

I am a h1b  visa holder currently residing in Michigan.I had plead guilty on a Domestic Violence case with my spouse. The court has ordered a probation with anger management course for 6 months, community service 40 hours and drug test twice a month for 12 months which i am currently following . In case of successful completion of probation my case will be off the record.I have questions on job status and visa status.

• When my h1b extension is applied , are there chances of denial
  • If my employer becomes aware of this situation , will i loose my job 
  • I have my green card in process , perm next - will there be an impact on that
  • when I go to home country will there be stamping issues 

Any help on the above is much appreciated.

1 hour ago, sat42 said:

Hi 

I am a h1b  visa holder currently residing in Michigan.I had plead guilty on a Domestic Violence case with my spouse. The court has ordered a probation with anger management course for 6 months, community service 40 hours and drug test twice a month for 12 months which i am currently following . In case of successful completion of probation my case will be off the record.I have questions on job status and visa status.

- May be. 

- Depends on employer. Whatever their policies are for similar convictions.

- Quite probably

- Yes. 

It all depends upon what the charge is and if it falls under CMIT or other inadmissibilities .

You should get your case reviewed in depth by an immigration attorney. Nobody here can tell you the exact immigration implications of your conviction. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/29/2019 at 2:56 PM, sat42 said:

Hi 

I am in the same boat. Can you email me on reddymanish921 at gmail com

On 3/29/2019 at 2:56 PM, sat42 said:

Hi 

If you plead guilty to DV. Under immigration rules that will make you inadmissable to US. If you go to VISA stamping in future they might stop you. You can email me at reddymanish921 at gmail com

• 11 months later...
On 8/1/2019 at 11:54 AM, RMan12341 said:

If you plead guilty to DV. Under immigration rules that will make you inadmissable to US. If you go to VISA stamping in future they might stop you. You can email me at reddymanish921 at gmail com

What was the update in your case ?

• 3 months later...