Employer credited salary without joining

ProfKris

I accepted the offer letter but never joined them. Neither entered into their premises nor have the company laptop or resources to work for them. 

I also sent them an email that I am not joining. What to do with that money? How do I send it back? I dont want anything that is not mine. Also would there be any legal complications of having a payroll run although its employers mistake?

Yes, as part of the welcome kit, they asked my cancelled cheque and I sent them that. Now the question is -

1. They ran my payroll without even joining and filling i9 form. Is it a legal complication to me or them?

2. My new job payroll and this companies payroll overlapped for 1 day? How should I sort this out?

9 hours ago, ProfKris said:

I accepted the offer letter but never joined them. Neither entered into their premises nor have the company laptop or resources to work for them. 

I also sent them an email that I am not joining. What to do with that money? How do I send it back? I dont want anything that is not mine. Also would there be any legal complications of having a payroll run although its employers mistake?

You have just indulged in unauthorized employment, unless the employer guessed your bank account # and got it right, without your knowledge.

Archived