Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Citizenship Application process under N-470

Recommended Posts


I have my Green Card since 2012. In between for 3 years I was out of the country due to transfer by my company. However, I had done the necessary paperwork in terms of re-entry permit and N-470 (to preserve continuous resident status). Now I am back in the country for more than a year and preparing my N-400 application but do not see any place where I could put in the details of my N-470. Has anyone done this before? Any advice /pointers would be helpful.


Share this post

Link to post

I believe (and may be wrong) that while the N-470 preserves your residence status, you should still fulfill the five years after Permanent residence for employment based and 3 years for family based GC cases before you apply for Citizenship

Time spent in US after getting GC but before you filed N-470 and left abroad and time spent after returning back to US should add up I believe to the 3 or 5 years depending on the basis for GC (Employment/Family)

Better to check with lawyer on these things


Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this