B2 Visa Rejected for Brother: Second Attempt

Sj15

B2 Visa has been rejected for my brother second time. The first attempt was 2 years ago with my parents. Parents accepted and his visa was denied. Questions asked to him: where do you work?

The visa interview this time was as follows:

VO: What is the purpose of your visit?

Bro: Sister is graduating from XXX university (a reputed university) next month. I want to attend it. My parents are attending, I want to go with them

VO: Ohh..so your parents are going and you want to go with them?

Bro: yes

VO: is it a MS degree?

Bro: Yes, she has done her MS in XXX. Do you want me to show the graduation invite?

VO: no need.

VO: Who is financing?

Bro: I will be taking care of air ticktets and after going there my dad and sister will contribute.

VO: What do your parents do?

Bro: Mom is home maker and Dad is retired from a private company.

VO: What kind?

Bro: Steel manufacturing company

VO: What do you do? How much do you earn per year and how long have you been working?

Bro: test engg analyst at XX (software firm) and working since 3.5 years.

VO: Sorry sir,visa cant be approved at this time and gave 214 (B) form.

What do you think went wrong with the interview? Are there any chances of getting visa if he applies within 2 months.

Each individual applying for a visitor visa needs to prove his ties to home country and financial strength for the whole trip. He himself said his dad and sister will contribute. What if they don't ?  He clearly states he has no funds for the whole trip. Moreover there is a question of graduation invite and local culture of going to graduations. Then previous B2 rejection. From CO's perspective, It was just a desperate attempt to go to USA with a made up reason.

There are so many moving parts here and from CO's perspective he failed the 214b test.

Chances for getting B2 again in 2 months would be considered as another desperate attempt and will likely go nowhere.

But hey, there are always exceptions.

Thank you.

Our whole family will be here and we have planned for 15day long vacation in the US. It will be just him missing out on the trip. That's why the desperation!

he being a young unmarried engineer in the workforce since just 3 years, we are failing to understand what can be done to establish strong ties to home country. Would more funds in his account or a letter from US senator help?

1 hour ago, Sj15 said:

he being a young unmarried engineer in the workforce since just 3 years, we are failing to understand what can be done to establish strong ties to home country. Would more funds in his account or a letter from US senator help?

None of that would matter.

Graduate walk is possibly  an alien concept for Indians in India or at least it used to be. I also suspect the first Interview did not go well for your brother. You need to stay away and if he wants to visit, he will know why he wants to visit and he should do that next year. You should only discuss the time frame he wants to come in and leave everything to him. It is possible his employer is one of the big illustrious five, some of whom are accused of dodgy practices.

The concept of proving ties is *ull. The Officer decides on two minutes of eye contact and brief questions. He/She will usually not look at your documents. I have a theory that key words introduced by visa touts when given as answers raise a red flag. Senators will not interfere in such a matter.

17 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

Graduate walk is possibly  an alien concept for Indians in India or at least it used to be. I also suspect the first Interview did not go well for your brother. You need to stay away and if he wants to visit, he will know why he wants to visit and he should do that next year. You should only discuss the time frame he wants to come in and leave everything to him. It is possible his employer is one of the big illustrious five, some of whom are accused of dodgy practices.

The concept of proving ties is *ull. The Officer decides on two minutes of eye contact and brief questions. He/She will usually not look at your documents. I have a theory that key words introduced by visa touts when given as answers raise a red flag. Senators will not interfere in such a matter.

You are right graduate walk is not an Indian concept. Since it's novel to us, people back home want to witness that.

The first interview my parents and brother went as a family. He was only asked where are you working and other questions directed at my parents.their visa accepted and his denied. You may be right regarding his employer, he does work for a top IT firm.

How can a 24year old establish ties? He is not married, he recently started working so has a decent bank balance but not 50000$+, he of course cannot afford a property! And these are the conditions mentioned to establish ties.

Frankly we did not consent any visa attorney or 'touts' for this interview. Our belief was his interests to visit US are genuine and he answered truthfully, so that should be fine! Of course we were proved wrong.what "key words" he spoke do you think raised a red flag?

11 hours ago, Noah Lott said:

Whenever answers from an applicant sound rehearsed or memorized, the credibility of that applicant rapidly sinks....no doubt many of those answers are (foolishly) bought from some visa tout who has a stand two blocks from our embassies....selling baloney to visa applicants for a price that does not reflect the usefulness of such information (it is worth nothing, so the applicants should pay nothing)..

U.S. senators and congresssmen have no legal authority over CO's nor the visa adjudication process - any letter from these folks is worthless...most of the letters are 'boiler plate' in which the name(s) of the applicants are filled in, and standard prose added, then sent off to an embassy, where it will be barely looked at and set aside....any CO dumb enough to issue a visa based solely on the 'word' of one of our legislators should be removed from interviewing...almost no legislator knows any future visa applicant personally...and even if they did, so what?

It is unfortunate that CO's are not trained well to identify genuine vs deceptive applicants.

What part of his answers did you find memorized? Apart from memorizing the facts (graduation date, University name) everything else are true facts he stated. 

3 hours ago, Sj15 said:

It is unfortunate that CO's are not trained well to identify genuine vs deceptive applicants.

What part of his answers did you find memorized? Apart from memorizing the facts (graduation date, University name) everything else are true facts he stated. 

They are trained well. Blame the previous applicants who tried to deceive them.

Laws of attraction !! You tend to not to get what you are desperately looking for. Focus your energy somewhere else. WHat's done is done. CO somehow magically figured that your brother did not pass 214b test so they failed him. Why and how they came to that conclusion is all a theory.  Only the CO knows for sure and he or she is not obligated to tell you me or Trump anything about the case. sh*t happens, life is unfair and visa is a "privilege" ,deal with it , move on and do something else is my motto. That's the only thing you can do beside replying again and a new application will have a binary result too. Most likely another rejection but may be not. What else one can do ?

On 3/25/2019 at 7:37 PM, Sj15 said:

B2 Visa has been rejected for my brother second time. The first attempt was 2 years ago with my parents. Parents accepted and his visa was denied. Questions asked to him: where do you work?

The visa interview this time was as follows:

VO: What is the purpose of your visit?

Bro: Sister is graduating from XXX university (a reputed university) next month. I want to attend it. My parents are attending, I want to go with them

VO: Ohh..so your parents are going and you want to go with them?

Bro: yes

VO: is it a MS degree?

Bro: Yes, she has done her MS in XXX. Do you want me to show the graduation invite?

VO: no need.

VO: Who is financing?

Bro: I will be taking care of air ticktets and after going there my dad and sister will contribute.

VO: What do your parents do?

Bro: Mom is home maker and Dad is retired from a private company.

VO: What kind?

Bro: Steel manufacturing company

VO: What do you do? How much do you earn per year and how long have you been working?

Bro: test engg analyst at XX (software firm) and working since 3.5 years.

VO: Sorry sir,visa cant be approved at this time and gave 214 (B) form.

What do you think went wrong with the interview? Are there any chances of getting visa if he applies within 2 months.

An young Indian guy who is a "test engg analyst at XX (software firm)"..., applying for visitor visa is a red flag IMO...first thing the guy would try and do is try to search for a job and see if someone can file his H1, at least presumption! which is sufficient for denial - The VO maybe right IMO. 

...not suggesting try a change in profession next time coz with two prior denials I don't know if anything will really help, it's just bad luck. Try attending via face time. 

Archived