Matamoros vs Hyderabad Stamping

SJL

I am on H1B in USA for 13 years. I haven't traveled out of USA in the past 10 years. My employer in a US based small firm and I work as a consultant for another firm. I have continuous visa extensions till now. I recently got my visa extension/amendment approved and planning to go to India with my toddler son (who is a US citizen). Hyd consulate is showing ~50 days waiting period vs Matamoros is showing ~1 day waiting period. Which is a better option to go for stamping? Will I need to go to India due to the long gap of traveling outside US? 

3 hours ago, SJL said:

I am on H1B in USA for 13 years. I haven't traveled out of USA in the past 10 years. My employer in a US based small firm and I work as a consultant for another firm. I have continuous visa extensions till now. I recently got my visa extension/amendment approved and planning to go to India with my toddler son (who is a US citizen). Hyd consulate is showing ~50 days waiting period vs Matamoros is showing ~1 day waiting period. Which is a better option to go for stamping? Will I need to go to India due to the long gap of traveling outside US? 

matmoros is best for u

On 3/25/2019 at 10:35 AM, SJL said:

You can go for stamping anywhere. Just make sure you already have a H-1 visa stamp previously and it is not a change of status stamping. 

22 hours ago, 02112018 said:

Home country is best option, if  if if you are stuck on 221G for any reason, you would have to spend tons of money in 3rd country and have a plan B if stuck.

this is very rare case scenario. as per the history. All the 221g issued in US Consulates of India have a longer wait period when compared to any other third country.  It may be because of different time zone and also the number of petitions as US consulate of India has to reach out to USCIS in US .  different time zone and US Consulate of india cannot call either the Client or Vendor for verification and email is the only way to communicate to the client and vendor or USCIS from India . 

As per the information from this forum and other online social media forums. So far Mexico is the best for H1 Stamping extensions if we already have h1 stamping in the past. If we dont have h1 stamping in the past. Canada is the Best bet.

18 hours ago, premkalyan521 said:

this is very rare case scenario. as per the history. All the 221g issued in US Consulates of India have a longer wait period when compared to any other third country.  It may be because of different time zone and also the number of petitions as US consulate of India has to reach out to USCIS in US .  different time zone and US Consulate of india cannot call either the Client or Vendor for verification and email is the only way to communicate to the client and vendor or USCIS from India . 

As per the information from this forum and other online social media forums. So far Mexico is the best for H1 Stamping extensions if we already have h1 stamping in the past. If we dont have h1 stamping in the past. Canada is the Best bet.

I agree

On 3/27/2019 at 4:07 PM, premkalyan521 said:

I agree, Great Info

On 3/27/2019 at 5:07 PM, premkalyan521 said:

True. Matamoros is the best option if folks already have a H-1 visa stamping. If not then Canada.

But as @02112018 suggested always have a Plan B when going for stamping in third country.

Edited by shekar11#