All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
satyapavan

No reply from uscis on mtr for denied h1b

My employer has applied h1b in the year 2018 on april 1st.

I got an rfe on june 1st 2018(speciality occupation).

replied to rfe on aug 27th 2018

denial of h1b on 20th nov 2018

request for mtr on 14th dec 2018.

I dont have any reply from uscis till now. What can I do? Can I raise a service request?

Just now, satyapavan said:

I dont have any reply from uscis till now. What can I do? Can I raise a service request?

Yeah what Provence said is correct. Why you will deal it? You employer must take care. I am also thinking what is your current legal status?

Edited by gopalakrishnach

18 hours ago, satyapavan said:

MTR takes time. 6-8 months are very common. You would have to wait in US if you already are on a underlying status like f1/f1-opt or outside US if no status.

17 hours ago, xTDx said:

MTR takes time. 6-8 months are very common. You would have to wait in US if you already are on a underlying status like f1/f1-opt or outside US if no status.

I have seen in the uscis website that a service request can be raised after 90 days. Did that work for any of you?

23 hours ago, Provence said:

You don't deal with USCIS; your company, through it's attorney does. What is your current legal status in the US? 

Yeah! I know that I am not supposed to deal with it. But I can suggest somethings to my employer. I am on f1 now and my ead is expiring in july. My employer is filing another h1 this year(though my mtr is pending).

18 hours ago, srini005 said:

I have been waiting for my 2017 filling motion to reopen(MTR)

My colleagues got approvals and rejections for mtr in less than 3 months. I am wondering because, all our i290b applications were sent on the same day.

3 hours ago, satyapavan said:

I have seen in the uscis website that a service request can be raised after 90 days. Did that work for any of you?

You can and you should raise a SR. No one here can tell you for sure when your case will be decided though. As said before MTR cases cant really be expedited and takes on average of 6 months.

Guys As per my suggestiong don't wait for MTR plan for some other option I have filed MTR on JAN 2018 Till data(27-MAR-2019) My status changed to case was reopened and considerations I have been waiting for more than an year

On 3/26/2019 at 9:50 AM, satyapavan said:

Yeah! I know that I am not supposed to deal with it. But I can suggest somethings to my employer. I am on f1 now and my ead is expiring in july. My employer is filing another h1 this year(though my mtr is pending).

So can we file another petition while appealing a denial? once the mtr is opened and your new petition gets picked will it create complications ?