Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

H1B extension Denied - Employer Transfer

Recommended Posts

My H1B extension got denied with employerA. Now, I need to go to India. I stayed in US for 1 year and 4 months in total. Will it be possible to file H1B petition with new employer once I go back to India as my H1B has not maxed out. What are the various options that I can proceed with ? Please help me here.

Share this post

Link to post

You are entitled to a total of 4 years and 8 months non cap with no period more than 3 years at a time. The option you have is to find a H1 sponsor to file a non cap petition for you . 

Share this post

Link to post

If nothing with another employer in the US works out, you could work in India. There is no law that says you HAVE to work in the US. The Indian economy appears to be robust enough to provide employment to its nationals. 

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now