US EMBA and Travel from Canada

saban

Hi,

I am a Canadian permanent resident and Indian citizen. I have been living in Canada for more than 5 years and I have recently applied for Executive MBA for a school in the US. The course classes are once a month for 3-4 days.  

Because the program is part-time, the school can't issue the F1 visa.  I hold a US B1/B2 visa. 

Can I attend the program on B1/B2 or I will need L1 / H1B?

Thanks 

3 hours ago, Provence said:

Unlikely 

There's always a risk of denial of entry on a B1B2 visa.  Do you have a pending approved i130 or i140? 

Thanks for the reply. 

No I don’t have i130 or i140 pending application. I work for a Canadian firm in Canada. I140 requires support from the US based firm right? 

We have offices in the US so get L1? 

thanks again for your reply! 

Yes, the result will be MBA degree but the program delivery is part-time (one a month) as its executive MBA. 

This is what I received from the school.

"Because the Berkeley MBA for Executives Program is a part-time program, we are unable to assist with student visas. Typically, our students work with their employer to assist with a visa. The common visa types that we see are L1 and H1B. We cannot issue an F-1 student visa."

I booked an appointment with an immigration lawyer to explore options. Worked really hard on the application so don't want to miss on attending the program because of the visa issue. 

Archived