H-4 Public Aid (job assistance)

Dash_8971

I have approved an I-140 under EB-1B and my spouse got H-4 EAD.  Before apply to any job, my spouse wants to get a Career Training Program under Project For Pride Living and WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) which are a Job Assistance Aid provided US Department of Labor. 

Recently, I heard a rumor that Trump Administration Aims to Sharply Restrict New Green Cards for Those on Public Aid.

So does anybody know if my wife can get this type of training assistance or not? Does this type of training will cause any issue in further Green-card process.

Please suggest.

21 hours ago, Dash_8971 said:
I have approved an I-140 under EB-1B and my spouse got H-4 EAD.  Before apply to any job, my spouse wants to get a Career Training Program under Project For Pride Living and WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) which are a Job Assistance Aid provided US Department of Labor. 

Recently, I heard a rumor that Trump Administration Aims to Sharply Restrict New Green Cards for Those on Public Aid.

So does anybody know if my wife can get this type of training assistance or not? Does this type of training will cause any issue in further Green-card process.

Please suggest.

No, this type of assistance is not considered under proposed rules regarding public charge inadmissibility.

22 hours ago, Dash_8971 said:

Please suggest.

Better to check with immigration attorney for something that is so specific.

Archived