All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sam337481

H1b visa stamping with Dismissed criminal record

Hi, Everyone, I'm posting my complete experience. It may be helpful for people in the same situation.

In cops string operation II was charged given a criminal citation ticket for patronizing prostitution. I was there at a parlor just for massage by it turned out to be a prostitution place. I was fingerprinted not arrested and given a court date.  I immediately hired an attorney went to court, my attorney got me a pre-trial diversion from DA office ( I need to attend a class and stay out of trouble for 6 months). I did not accept guilty or take any guilty plea in front of the judge. After six months my case got dismissed "NOLLE PROSEQUI BY PROSECUTOR". Later my employer had applied for H1B got approved, they did not ask anything about my case. I came to my home country for visa stamping

VISA EXPERIENCE India consulate:

ME: HI, office how are you doing today.

OFFICER: I'm good so you here for your H1B 

ME: yes.

Officer: So is it your new h1b or extension

ME: Told

Officer: what is Your highest degree 

me: Told

Officer: How did you find this job

Officer:  Did anything happen while you are in the USA previously?

ME: I explained the detail and even told that I was not convicted or guilty of that crime.

OFFICER: Do you have any documentation

ME: I have provided all the documentation.

After some typing and verifying... she said your "Visa is approved" don't get into trouble here after

Conclusion:  Be truthful in your ds-160 and at interview. Carry all your documentation.

On 3/19/2019 at 4:45 PM, sam337481 said:

Hi, Everyone, I'm posting my complete experience. It may be helpful for people in the same situation.

In cops string operation II was charged given a criminal citation ticket for patronizing prostitution. I was there at a parlor just for massage by it turned out to be a prostitution place. I was fingerprinted not arrested and given a court date.  I immediately hired an attorney went to court, my attorney got me a pre-trial diversion from DA office ( I need to attend a class and stay out of trouble for 6 months). I did not accept guilty or take any guilty plea in front of the judge. After six months my case got dismissed "NOLLE PROSEQUI BY PROSECUTOR". Later my employer had applied for H1B got approved, they did not ask anything about my case. I came to my home country for visa stamping

ME: I explained the detail and even told that I was not convicted or guilty of that crime.

After some typing and verifying... she said your "Visa is approved" don't get into trouble here after

Conclusion:  Be truthful in your ds-160 and at interview. Carry all your documentation.

How long did it take for you to get the visa issued after the interview? wa your case in administrative processing for few weeks before the visa was issued?

I am in the same bucket. I am thinking to take the diversion class ASAP. Do you know how long does it take for DA to drop the charges once the class is taken?

The reason I am asking is because, my employer needs to file I-140 and H1B extension before August this year and I am worried that the case (if not dropped right away after taking the class) will show up while USCIS processing my H1B extension/I-140 petition. My H1B extension will be denied and I have to leave the country. I am so worried. Please help . 

On 3/19/2019 at 4:45 PM, sam337481 said:

Hi,

can you tell me what you gave for explanation after saying yes on the DS form.

did you just say the final court disposition or mentioned even the type of case/ fraud/ misdemanor

thanks in advance