Mumbai Visa Stamping office

gareebbhartiye

Hi folks,

So this is a bit weird question. I have a condition which can cause me discomfort in temperatures above 70 F if I stay for long period. I am currently in states on h1b. I am planning to go to Mumbai in a month for Visa stamping. 

Is there anyonoe who recently gave interview there, in last 1 week? If so, can you please let me know if the building is fully air conditioned, including the waiting line. I remember giving the interview in Delhi in 2011, we had to stand outside in heat waiting to be allowed inside. I was okay at that time. But not now.  

how many campuses does US consulate have in mumbai?

Thanks in advance for your time and input.

I thought about Canada, but ruled it out. After they said I may need to wait for months if it goes into Admin processing.  I do not have medical insurance good enough to cover me in Canada if I need it in couple of months. I can stay there for couple of weeks on travelers insurance. But months will only increase my troubles. I am thinking I would probably email Consulate team with letter from my doctor and ask them if they would allow me in early. I emailed earlier this month to Vancouver Consulate and they said that if I bring Doctor's letter they will do everything to expedite my processing. I believe that Mumbai office should be able to help me as well in a similar way. Perhaps they will let me in early instead of waiting.

On 3/15/2019 at 8:00 AM, gareebbhartiye said:

Hi folks,

So this is a bit weird question. I have a condition which can cause me discomfort in temperatures above 70 F if I stay for long period. I am currently in states on h1b. I am planning to go to Mumbai in a month for Visa stamping. 

Is there anyonoe who recently gave interview there, in last 1 week? If so, can you please let me know if the building is fully air conditioned, including the waiting line. I remember giving the interview in Delhi in 2011, we had to stand outside in heat waiting to be allowed inside. I was okay at that time. But not now.  

how many campuses does US consulate have in mumbai?

Thanks in advance for your time and input.

Best to avoid heat in summer is to book Early morning interview Slot.

Archived