DS160 Timeout 4 times with different Application IDs

A4PP

Hello All:

Yestarday, I was trying to fill up the DS160 form for my H1B visa stamping trip. I started a new DS160, saved the application ID, answered the 'secret question' and landed on the Personal Information 1 page. Here, I filled up just my SURNAME and GIVEN NAME. Then I clicked 'next' at the bottom of the page, hoping that it will just initiate and save the form and I would complete it later by retriving it.

Today, I tried to 'retrive' my application with the application ID, secret question's answer, last name and date of birth, but the website said that the details are incorrect. This can be because I had'nt provided my date of birth when I first started the application. Assuming that I cannot retrive this application, I started a new DS160 application ID, but it timed out after submitting the 'secret question' screen. Like that, I created 3 more DS160 application IDs, but each one timed out after submitting the 'secret question' screen.

Can you please help me by answering these 3 questios - 

1. Since I have initiated a total of five DS160 forms, will this create any problem?

2. None of these forms currently seem to be retrivable since none of them had my date of birth saved. Can you tell me what would be the safest way to proceed forward and complete a DS160 application, such that I face no problems in the visa interview process?

3. After trying multiple times, DS160 forms are timing out after the secret question screen, eventhough I am not leaving my screen inactive. I am using Safari and Chrome. Can you tell me how to complete this form without facing the timeout problem?

Thank you for helping me

7 hours ago, A4PP said:

Hello All:

Yestarday, I was trying to fill up the DS160 form for my H1B visa stamping trip. I started a new DS160, saved the application ID, answered the 'secret question' and landed on the Personal Information 1 page. Here, I filled up just my SURNAME and GIVEN NAME. Then I clicked 'next' at the bottom of the page, hoping that it will just initiate and save the form and I would complete it later by retriving it.

Today, I tried to 'retrive' my application with the application ID, secret question's answer, last name and date of birth, but the website said that the details are incorrect. This can be because I had'nt provided my date of birth when I first started the application. Assuming that I cannot retrive this application, I started a new DS160 application ID, but it timed out after submitting the 'secret question' screen. Like that, I created 3 more DS160 application IDs, but each one timed out after submitting the 'secret question' screen.

Can you please help me by answering these 3 questios - 

1. Since I have initiated a total of five DS160 forms, will this create any problem?

2. None of these forms currently seem to be retrivable since none of them had my date of birth saved. Can you tell me what would be the safest way to proceed forward and complete a DS160 application, such that I face no problems in the visa interview process?

3. After trying multiple times, DS160 forms are timing out after the secret question screen, eventhough I am not leaving my screen inactive. I am using Safari and Chrome. Can you tell me how to complete this form without facing the timeout problem?

Thank you for helping me

Try clearing Cache once (or) Try new browser & Follow below steps.

1) Create DS160 & Fill 1st page, Note down that number somewhere & Save that DS160 using save option(you can find there will be an option)

2) You can also save the content of ds160 as .dat file till whatever you filled.

3) Always use retrieve option to retrieve the saved DS160

Feel Free to email me if you still have issues / need any help. Good Luck !!!

Archived