Passport Lost Issue

Saurya

Hi,

I travelled to US on H1B visa on Dec XXXX and Validity of H1B visa is Dec XXXX to Sep XXXX.I stayed only 10 months in US and returned to India. I lost my passport which has US H1B visa stamped. I filed a police compliant and got the new passport and also sent a email to US Embassy in India before the expiry date. and then I submitted to US embassy  documents like Police FIR , passport  Xerox copies ( First Page and Last page) which was lost , US VISA stamped copy.

Now  my application comes under cap exemption and I am interested to  file extension of H1B visa. I didn't informed to my employer that my passport was lost.

Is there any need to inform the employer and is it required to submit any additional documents from employer side.?

On 3/9/2019 at 2:07 PM, Saurya said:

Hi,

I travelled to US on H1B visa on Dec XXXX and Validity of H1B visa is Dec XXXX to Sep XXXX.I stayed only 10 months in US and returned to India. I lost my passport which has US H1B visa stamped. I filed a police compliant and got the new passport and also sent a email to US Embassy in India before the expiry date. and then I submitted to US embassy  documents like Police FIR , passport  Xerox copies ( First Page and Last page) which was lost , US VISA stamped copy.

Now  my application comes under cap exemption and I am interested to  file extension of H1B visa. I didn't informed to my employer that my passport was lost.

Is there any need to inform the employer and is it required to submit any additional documents from employer side.?

You need to inform your employer. He will need that info for extension purposes.

Archived