I did not update client information in I983 for STEM OPT

pleasehelp_me

I work for an employer A located in Atlanta, GA.

I applied for OPT extension and I gave employer and client site info as Atlanta.

I got a job at client site B which is located in Connecticut while my OPT extension approval was in process.  

Employer asked me not to update I983 , since they though it would lead to STEM OPT denial. Hence I did not update from one year. I realize that this is a violation. What steps can I take further to avoid any risk. 

You violated F1 visa status and may be out of status already.  You deliberately lied on the immigration forum !!

DHS specifically defined that a change in employment should be notified within 10 days.  

14 hours ago, pleasehelp_me said:

I work for an employer A located in Atlanta, GA.

I applied for OPT extension and I gave employer and client site info as Atlanta.

I got a job at client site B which is located in Connecticut while my OPT extension approval was in process.  

Employer asked me not to update I983 , since they though it would lead to STEM OPT denial. Hence I did not update from one year. I realize that this is a violation. What steps can I take further to avoid any risk. 

There is nothing you can do to avoid the risk of getting COS or new visa denied. You did what you did and you will have to take responsibility for it if caught. IMO , you should leave US asap as you are already in violation of your status. 

Archived