Greencard for Spouse

I have a Greencard and will be eligible to apply for US citizenship on May 15 2019 and my wife is on H1B currently. Will I be able to apply for her greencard when filing for my citizenship or Should I file for my citizenship first and then apply for her GC once I get my citizenship. Please advise.

Tks,

Harish.

On 3/5/2019 at 9:29 AM, Provence said:

Why haven't you applied yet? You're eligible to do so today. Green Card holders can petition a spouse by filing the i130. 

Would that mean that my wife will still be on her H1B status until I-485 IOS is filed though I file I130

On 3/5/2019 at 7:53 AM, pontevecchio said:

Just to give you a contrarian approach after reading the previous reply, the time frames for Naturalization have skyrocketed, and F2A seems standard at 2 years. You could file the I-130 now and later on decide whether adjusting status here or getting an Immigration visa is appropriate.

Hi, 

I am in similar boat. In our case, I was permanent resident when I filed I-130 for my spouse. While pending, I became US citizen last year. Then, sent an update to I-130 and my spouse also filed for I-485. Then, I-30 got approved, spouse completed bio-metrics, all in October 2018. But, since then, no updates from USCIS or NVC. 

Archived