All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
rajivn786

H4 to J1

Hi, Need some advice. I got a fellowship (completing residency by July on H4 EAD) and planning to continue on H4 EAD until it gets taken off.

We asked for H1 and they said NO and said they offer J1 but trying to convince still.

My EAD is expiring Dec and applying for renewal in July (hoping that they have it at that time). In case instead of waiting for EAD decision, can I get Statement of Need from Delhi to be sent to ECFMG? If we get SON from Delhi and not take J1 (hoping EAD will stay for sometime) , do we still have to do waiver or return back to India for 2 years because of SON from Government?  I just wanted to apply for SON than wait for EAD decision just to have breathing space for conversion.

Please advise.

On 3/2/2019 at 11:41 AM, rajivn786 said:

Hi, Need some advice. I got a fellowship (completing residency by July on H4 EAD) and planning to continue on H4 EAD until it gets taken off.

We asked for H1 and they said NO and said they offer J1 but trying to convince still.

My EAD is expiring Dec and applying for renewal in July (hoping that they have it at that time). In case instead of waiting for EAD decision, can I get Statement of Need from Delhi to be sent to ECFMG? If we get SON from Delhi and not take J1 (hoping EAD will stay for sometime) , do we still have to do waiver or return back to India for 2 years because of SON from Government?  I just wanted to apply for SON than wait for EAD decision just to have breathing space for conversion.

Please advise.

If you need detailed information, send me your contact. Similar experience here.