7th year H1B with new job title

amruthaa

Hello All,

I have the following query about post 6th year H1B filings and would appreciate if anyone can answer, I have already scheduled for attorney consultation but wanted to see if anyone has faced this situation and have answers.

I have worked on H1B for 5-1/2 years and have an approved I140 in EB2 category (priority date of Sept 2017) with employerA. I have about 4-5 months of H1B left on my 6 year max out. I am currently working on H4 EAD with employerB fulltime(this is direct employment with client). Due to latest H4-EAD news, I want to start the process to apply COS to H1B (current employer is willing to sponsor). Now, I am aware that an employer can request a 3 year extension based on approved I140 but I am wondering if employerB can use the I140 from employerA. If yes, does the job description and/or title need to match my PERM/I140 to be eligible for post 6th year extension? My GC perm with EmployerA was for a Database Administrator position and my current title with EmployerB is Software Infrastructure Analyst. Will I face issues with my H1B extension beyond 6 years due to job titles being different?

Thanks in advance.

Archived