Desperately need advice on my OPT application situation

maru58

Hello everyone,

I finished college in December 20 2018. I applied for OPT on November, starting date is February 18, 2019. On my application, my DSO mistakenly told me to remove the last 3 pages of the i-765 form, which are not eligible to me. So I submitted my application without these 3 pages. Because of this in early February I received a rejection letter telling me to reapply and include these 3 pages and the green page they sent me to put on top. I was so freaked out at this point because my grace period would end on Feb 18.  I reapplied with a new i-20 the next day (this is on Feb 6, 2019). Now it is 3 weeks and I haven't received a receipt number from USCIS. My check hasn't been cashed either. I'm very worried ans stressed because I still received no news from the USCIS and I cannot check my case because I have not received a case number yet. What should I do in this situation? I'm almost certain that I did everything right in my re-application so I have no idea what the issue would be that I still haven't received a receipt number nor my check has been cashed. I'd appreciate any advice in my case. Thanks so much.

Best,
M.

Archived