B1/B2 visa has been denied twice. Applying for the third time.

visitorvisaapplicant

Hello,

My parents visa application has been denied twice. First time, they went along with my grandmother and brother. This interview was in October 2017. This is how their interview went.

VO: Why are you going to the US?
Parents: To visit my sister.
VO: Who is there in your sister's family and what do they do?
Parents: Sister lives with her husband. Husband works in IXXXX. (Father forgot where sister works!)
VO: What do you do?
Parents: Both of us are doctors.
VO: What is your qualification?
Parents: BAMS
VO: What is that?
Parents: Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery
VO to my brother: What do you study?
Brother: Computer Engineering
VO: Who else is in the family?
Parents: Mother's parents and their age
VO: I'm sorry, your visa cannot be approved.

They applied second time in April 2018. This time only my parents went for the interview.

VO: I see you had applied recently and your application was denied. Was there any change in circumstances?
Parents: What do you mean by change in circumstances?
VO: Your visa is denied.
My parents tried explaining that they are going to visit US for a short time since my grandmother and brother are in India and that they cannot keep their clinics closed for a long time, but the VO did not listen.

They filed these applications through a travel agency. Since both of them are doctors, they don't have a fixed monthly income. Hence. on the DS-160 form, they had mentioned their monthly income as N/A. Also, they had mentioned that they are self sponsoring. 

This time, I helped them in filing the DS-160 form and have mentioned an average monthly income based on their yearly earnings and tax returns. I will be sponsoring their trip and have provided them with I-134 and other supporting documents (bank statements etc.). Their interview is in March 2019. My graduation is in May 2019 and would like my parents to be here. I would appreciate any suggestions in order to increase their chances of getting a visa. What should they mention if asked regarding change of circumstances? They recently purchased a new home in India. Does it count towards change in circumstances?  Also, is it OK to admit that there were some mistakes in the previous applications and that they have been corrected now (along with proof)?

It is very unlikely that they will have their visa approved third time.  I-134  and your sponsorship mean nothing. CO has doubts about your parents intentions to visit US and come back home. 

Furthermore,

10 hours ago, visitorvisaapplicant said:

Parents: Sister lives with her husband. Husband works in IXXXX. (Father forgot where sister works!)

10 hours ago, visitorvisaapplicant said:

VO: Who else is in the family?
Parents: Mother's parents and their age

Above two points and answers seems like creating the doubt. How would your father not know where his sister works ? He does know about the brother in law. Remember they were going to meet the sister in the first place.

Also who is going to take care of aging mother's parents ?

At this point there is very little sense in applying again.  I would be extremely surprised if their visitor visa is approved the third time.

There is no sponsoring for visitor visas. You may pay for the trip but that's not sponsoring.

They would need to convince the officer that they will return to their home country. Unless there is a significant change from the previous applications, which it doesn't seem to be, the third application would very likely also be denied.

To reiterate, there is no sponsorship for visitor visas. You can pay for them, but that's not sponsorship. An I-134 for tourist visas is not legally enforceable as it is for immigrant visas, and thus worthless. COs don't look at I-134s.

Applying through travel agents, many of whom tend to be scrupulous, is a flag. The ds160 is a straightforward application. 

The two denials suggest the CO wasn't convinced of the applicants' ties to home. And unless something materially changed, they're looking at another denial. But, stranger things have happened. 

On 2/28/2019 at 1:05 AM, visitorvisaapplicant said:

This time, I helped them in filing the DS-160 form and have mentioned an average monthly income based on their yearly earnings and tax returns. I will be sponsoring their trip and have provided them with I-134 and other supporting documents (bank statements etc.). Their interview is in March 2019. My graduation is in May 2019 and would like my parents to be here. I would appreciate any suggestions in order to increase their chances of getting a visa. What should they mention if asked regarding change of circumstances? They recently purchased a new home in India. Does it count towards change in circumstances?  Also, is it OK to admit that there were some mistakes in the previous applications and that they have been corrected now (along with proof)?

With two denials, there is no such thing that increases their chances or decreases their chance of rejection.

Their previous ds160s and interview responses are available to the CO at the next interview (all previous applicant data is stored in the System). Any different response has to be factual if there was any material change in circumstance. 

If still denied, they could wait to celebrate once you return to India for good after graduating in a couple of months. Hopefully you'll have lined up or working towards a job in India. 

3 hours ago, Provence said:

With two denials, there is no such thing that increases their chances or decreases their chance of rejection.

Their previous ds160s and interview responses are available to the CO at the next interview (all previous applicant data is stored in the System). Any different response has to be factual if there was any material change in circumstance. 

If still denied, they could wait to celebrate once you return to India for good after graduating in a couple of months. Hopefully you'll have lined up or working towards a job in India. 

What is material change in circumstances? 

Archived