F1-OPT to H4 EAD conversion through Spouse H1B extn in premium

Venkat silla

Hi,

My wife is working as a full time employee on F1 -OPT.We want to apply for COS from F1-OPT to H4-EAD through my H1B extension in premium process.

My question is , Does H4 EAD also been granted through Premium process and she(my spouse) can continue to work with out any break in the employment OR USCIS do COS to H4 and EAD will be given at latter point of time which breaks her employment ? Appreciated your reply.

Thank you,

Venkat.

52 minutes ago, Venkat silla said:

Hi,

My wife is working as a full time employee on F1 -OPT.We want to apply for COS from F1-OPT to H4-EAD through my H1B extension in premium process.

My question is , Does H4 EAD also been granted through Premium process and she(my spouse) can continue to work with out any break in the employment OR USCIS do COS to H4 and EAD will be given at latter point of time which breaks her employment ? Appreciated your reply.

Thank you,

Venkat.

Best scenario is to apply your H-1 extension + your spouse COS from F-1 to H-4 + H-4 EAD together in premium. In that case you will have a really good chance to get all 3 approved with same start dates.

Very rarely a break would be needed.

1 hour ago, Venkat silla said:

Hi,

Thank you,

Venkat.

If filed along with h1b extension, H4 and H4 ead are granted along with h1b extension approval as a courtesy. USCIS doesnt have to do it but do it anyway most of the times. Only way to find out is to apply.

Archived