Changing employers again on a pending receipt while on pending status

Namaste_Indian

Hello ,
I was working for Company A until they laid off our group on Nov 2018. At that point they also informed me that they sent a letter to USCIS to revoke my H1B. Immediately I started looking for a Job and luckily I got a job at a Company B (A small consulting company). I joined on Dec 17th 2018 i.e. within 60 days of Grace period. The receipt is pending now. Now as of January 2nd I got another offer for Company C (Top 3 tech companies in the world). They have started my H1B process and filed as of last Friday with a pending receipt

My questions is two fold:
1. Should I join company C on pending receipt or is it too risky? They are asking me to join immediately and it is a very lucrative offer.
2. What happens if I join Company C on receipt and in the meanwhile Company's B receipt gets denied?
3. What happens if Company C receipt gets denied?

Thanks

15 hours ago, Provence said:

What is it about desi consultancies.. An average American typically has a hard time finding jobs once laid off, but H1Bers miraculously go from company B to company C jobs in a jiffy. Those desi H1b resumes.. I tell ya  ! 

They are "speciality occupation" with rare skills. 🙂

Ok.. lets gets to his questions...

1. Should I join company C on pending receipt or is it too risky? They are asking me to join immediately and it is a very lucrative offer. - I guess you can join.
2. What happens if I join Company C on receipt and in the meanwhile Company's B receipt gets denied? - No impact since Company C petition is in pending.
3. What happens if Company C receipt gets denied? - Look for new job...

On 2/24/2019 at 7:58 PM, Namaste_Indian said:

Hello ,
I was working for Company A until they laid off our group on Nov 2018. At that point they also informed me that they sent a letter to USCIS to revoke my H1B. Immediately I started looking for a Job and luckily I got a job at a Company B (A small consulting company). I joined on Dec 17th 2018 i.e. within 60 days of Grace period. The receipt is pending now. Now as of January 2nd I got another offer for Company C (Top 3 tech companies in the world). They have started my H1B process and filed as of last Friday with a pending receipt

1. Should I join company C on pending receipt or is it too risky? They are asking me to join immediately and it is a very lucrative offer.
2. What happens if I join Company C on receipt and in the meanwhile Company's B receipt gets denied?
3. What happens if Company C receipt gets denied?

Thanks

This gets tricky based on when C filed the case.

IMO

1- You can but Extension of i 94 will depend on if C filed the petition within the 60 days of A's grace period. 

2- Depends on 1. Did C file within A's 60 days grace period ? If not and B is denied C will get approved without the i94 extension.

3- If this happens within A's grace period, you can find another employer. Else, you will be out of status.

Archived