H1B Transfer Approved with H4 Fresh Stamping

Sundarapandiyan

Hi Team,

I have a H1B transfer approval I-797 notice which has validity till Feb 2021. Also, my old employers's stamped visa is valid till Oct 2019. Now i am planning and i am planning for a vacation to get married in the month of Apr 2019 . Also, planning to bring my spouse with me while i am returning  to USA after the marriage. As per my understanding, i really do not need to get a re-stamping  as i already have a stamping in my passport & i should show my new approval notice by the time of port of entry.

My question is - For my spouse, how do i get her the H4 dependent visa stamped. Should i submit my old employer's Approved I-797 which has validity till Oct 2019 along with my most recent stamped visa in my passport or should i submit my new I-797 approval notice which has validity till Feb 2021?

If i am submitting new approval notice for my spouse, should i also go for re-stamping so that my spouse will get visa stamping validity exactly as of mine?

Kindly help me with this clarification.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:01 AM, Sundarapandiyan said:

Hi Team,

I have a H1B transfer approval I-797 notice which has validity till Feb 2021. Also, my old employers's stamped visa is valid till Oct 2019. Now i am planning and i am planning for a vacation to get married in the month of Apr 2019 . Also, planning to bring my spouse with me while i am returning  to USA after the marriage. As per my understanding, i really do not need to get a re-stamping  as i already have a stamping in my passport & i should show my new approval notice by the time of port of entry.

My question is - For my spouse, how do i get her the H4 dependent visa stamped. Should i submit my old employer's Approved I-797 which has validity till Oct 2019 along with my most recent stamped visa in my passport or should i submit my new I-797 approval notice which has validity till Feb 2021?

If i am submitting new approval notice for my spouse, should i also go for re-stamping so that my spouse will get visa stamping validity exactly as of mine?

Kindly help me with this clarification.

You need to submit new employer I-797. Not needed for you to go for visa stamp.

Archived