Passport No. XXXXXXX Has Been Impounded

DeepakB

SUBJECT: Processing for Passport impound has been initiated successfully for Passport (XXXXXXXX) Clarifications required regarding Issuance of Passport facilities to Mr. XXX

Dear Applicant,

This is in reference to receipt of an adverse Police Verification report corresponding to your application for Passport, with file number xxxxxxxxxxxxx, dated 29/04/2014.

You are therefore, called upon to provide a suitable explanation. Please note that you are required to furnish a proper explanation regarding the circumstances under which you had suppressed the material information in your passport application and obtained the above said passport.

Also state why action should not be taken to impound the passport number XXXXXXXXXX dated 29/04/2014 under Section 10 (3) (h), "A warrant or summons for the appearance/arrest has been issued by a court under any law" of the Passports Act, 1967 and Section 12(1)(b) of the Passport Act, 1967 should not be initiated against you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Query – I got above email from passport.admin@passportindia.gov.in

I came USA in 2016 on H1-B Visa. My Wife put 498A in 2016 after I came to USA and attest warrant issues in 2017.  I didn’t attend any of the court hearing and in USA only from last 3 year. My Current passport is valid till 2024.  Please suggest the necessary action against this email and how it can impact my H1-B Visa status here in USA.

Edited by DeepakB
On 2/23/2019 at 5:44 AM, DeepakB said:

I came USA in 2016 on H1-B Visa. My Wife put 498A in 2016 after I came to USA and attest warrant issues in 2017.  I didn’t attend any of the court hearing and in USA only from last 3 year. My Current passport is valid till 2024.  Please suggest the necessary action against this email and how it can impact my H1-B Visa status here in USA.

Consult a competent Indian Family law attorney please.

• 5 months later...