Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

N 400 ONLINE APPLICATION - Traffic ticket citation and job change

Recommended Posts


I am trying to fill in N400 form for Naturalization.. I have 2 questions:

1. I had a traffic ticket in Oct 2016, for over speeding , 10+ miles over speeding.. got a ticket and paid the same.. Do I have to mention this citation in some section.

2. in the employment section: I did resign from 1 company on Friday and joined 2nd company on Monday.. when i try to fill in online form.. those 2 days (saturday and sunday) is shown as gap.. what do i do ..should I mention those are self employed days.

Please suggest.

Share this post

Link to post

You have to mention the speeding ticket.

You don't need to do anything about these 2 days. You don't have to be employed on GC.

Share this post

Link to post

You other post implies that you had an H1 in 2017.'Even if tou got a GC since then you have to have the GC for 5 years before you can apply for naturalization.

Something is t quite right.

Share this post

Link to post

"You have to mention the speeding ticket."

Could you please explain on this. 

If I file paper filing, the citation table refers to 23-28 questions in the N400.. and non of them refer to simple traffic tickets.. 

Could anyone please suggest.

Attaching the N 400 for your reference. 




Share this post

Link to post

A speeding ticket is a citation.

And you haven't answered the other question, about you not having a GC yet.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now