Filling out DS 160 before marriage for H4 visa

Shantanu Bapat

Hi, I am working in USA on H-1B visa. I will be getting married in few months and want to bring my wife to USA on H4 visa. I will be filling out DS 160 form on behalf of my fiancee before marriage. In this situation, what Marital Status should I put- Single/Married/Others (and mention engaged to be married)?

Another question is that if I plan to submit DS 160 form after 30 days, does the Application ID (AAxxxxxx) change (when I upload my application previously saved on hard drive)?

Looking forward to hear back, thanks

On 2/21/2019 at 11:29 PM, Shantanu Bapat said:

Hi, I am working in USA on H-1B visa. I will be getting married in few months and want to bring my wife to USA on H4 visa. I will be filling out DS 160 form on behalf of my fiancee before marriage. In this situation, what Marital Status should I put- Single/Married/Others (and mention engaged to be married)?

Another question is that if I plan to submit DS 160 form after 30 days, does the Application ID (AAxxxxxx) change (when I upload my application previously saved on hard drive)?

Looking forward to hear back, thanks

Married.

Yes. If you start a DS-160 and do not submit it in 30 days it will be gone. I mean you will lose the Id number.

Archived