221g on Extension

KG76

I went for L1 extension stamping in chennai consulate and was given 221g - (blue, passport retained, no doc asked).

Not clear what would have triggered 221g.

I had my first H1 in 2001 (which i barely used - went to US and project got dropped so returned back immediately). Later in 2005 went on H1 with a consulting company, on payroll since day 1,  after 6 months, came to India for marriage for two weeks and when i went back, project got closed, and was without pay for 2 weeks and got a new H1 (direct employment). worked with that company for 5 years. I had a renewal and stamping as well. never got 221g.

came back to india, worked in India for 6 years. in those 6 years,Got a B1, went to US several times - all for 2~3 weeks or so. I later got L1 and got stamping done. no issues at all. Now when i came in for extension, VO didnt ask for any docs and gave 221g. 

Not sure what triggered this. the 2 week without pay in 2005 would have caused this ? any one had similar experience ?

7 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

I am not sure and I am not an expert but you having multiple types of visas might be issue. I am not saying it is wrong but may be they want to do background check .. I feel you will get it....

Thanks.

Came to India for a family function and now struck at hotel..and kids missing school...every day is hard to pass by.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived