All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ssjgoku

Passport stamped with correct class (B2) at Port of entry, but doesn't have admit until date mentioned on the stamp. Is it ok?

I just landed in US on a B1/B2 Visa. The CBP officer at the Port of entry asked me how long I want to stay and I replied 180 days. He then stamped my passport with today's date and the right class B2. However I noticed that the admit until date is blank and the CBP officer didn't write anything on it. I'm not able to get my latest I-94 from the CBP website so I don't know how long I can stay in the country. How do I get this fixed?

2 hours ago, ssjgoku said:

I just landed in US on a B1/B2 Visa. The CBP officer at the Port of entry asked me how long I want to stay and I replied 180 days. He then stamped my passport with today's date and the right class B2. However I noticed that the admit until date is blank and the CBP officer didn't write anything on it. I'm not able to get my latest I-94 from the CBP website so I don't know how long I can stay in the country. How do I get this fixed?

The date they put below the entry stamp is for your convenience only, and sometimes they forget to put a date there or put the wrong date there. It's the I-94 that is authoritative. It might take some time for it to show up on the I-94 website. If it doesn't show up after a while, they might have spelled your name or passport number wrong or something; you can contact the CBP for help getting your I-94.