Travel during H1B amendment in progress & stamped visa from previous employer going to expire in 2 months

Amy72

Employer A : -  I have approved I-140 since Dec 2017. Visa stamped & valid until April 2019.  I left employer last year 2018 and joined employer B on H-1B Transfer.

Employer B :-  H-1B Transfer is approved. Now i have to relocate to other state so my employer has filed H-1B amendment. I have Visa stamped from previous employer A & valid until April 2019. I have some plans to travel to india around July-August 2019. 

1. Can i travel during my H-1B amendment is in progress and come back with stamping?

2. Will there any problem if i travel as my H-1B amendment is in progress from new employer B with H-1B approved but no visa stamp?

2. As my visa from previous employer A will not be valid after April 2019, so I have to to go for stamping. Am i eligible for Drop Box?

1. As long as you have a valid visa and valid I-797 you are good. But, remember that when you enter US your I-94 will be given until the validity of the I-797 you show them.

2. Carry original receipt, Employment verification letters, Paystubs etc.. evidences to support that you are employed/ or continue your employment upon your return.

3. If your visa expires while your abroad, Amendment pending.. Consult with your company's immigration attorney for better guidance on your case.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived