H4 Visa - DS 160 Question

h1bDreamToUsa

Hi ,

My Wife's H1B was rejected due to INA 221(g).  We are now in process of applying H4 visa for her and therefore filling DS 160 form. We encountered this question : " Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?  " 

My wife has her I 140 approved, but the employer said that once you convert to H4, they will no longer be able to hold her h1 as there will be no job. We are ok with that.  Our concern is what should be the answer to this DS-160 question and how should we draft our response.

Please advise.

On 2/17/2019 at 12:59 AM, h1bDreamToUsa said:

Hi ,

My Wife's H1B was rejected due to INA 221(g).  We are now in process of applying H4 visa for her and therefore filling DS 160 form. We encountered this question : " Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?  " 

My wife has her I 140 approved, but the employer said that once you convert to H4, they will no longer be able to hold her h1 as there will be no job. We are ok with that.  Our concern is what should be the answer to this DS-160 question and how should we draft our response.

Please advise.

It needs to be Yes. And you can write your explanation in the section provided. 

Archived