Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

F2A application for my younge son after getting GC from my elder US citizen son

Recommended Posts


My Elder son who is US citizen and studying in US turning 21 soon. He will be applying for my GC thru consular processing. After getting GC , I have to apply for my younger son in F2A category. How soon I can apply for my younger son ? What date is considered as GC acquired date for me to apply ? Do I have to be in USA ? Any other niformation which i need to know will be of great help

Share this post

Link to post

You could petition for an F2a as early as the day you enter the US on an IR5 visa. That's the day you officially become a US permanent resident. 

How did the elder son obtain US citizenship? 

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this