Applying for U.S. Citizenship

Attorney_23

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding the process of applying for U.S. citizenship.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.
  2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.
  3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.
  4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.
7 hours ago, Attorney_23 said:

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding the process of applying for U.S. citizenship.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.
  2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.
  3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.
  4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Hi, I got Employment based GC in Sep 2014. I was with the same company since Sep 2003 and still working. I will be eligible to apply for US citizenship in Jun 2019. If I had to leave the company and not apply for any other job, would that be a problem for getting US citizenship. Please let me know.

Hi

Please find my timelines below. Do you foresee any questions or issues during my N-400 Citizenship interview regarding Company A H1B issues?

I am more concerned because I recently checked case status online for my Company H1B petition and it says during July 2010, notice was returned back to USCIS because post office could not be delivered. This message was from July 2010. And I am not sure about the details of this Notice. I do not know if my H1b petition was denied during 2010 with Company A and what was the reason for denial or revocation if it was denied. I also received one letter from DOL recently that Company A was investigated for some back wages issue for July 2004 and I can claim this amount from US Treasury.

I was with the same client Company C since 2007 to 2015 and port my GC to Company C using AC-21. Should I be worried about Company A questions during my citizenship interview?

Company A First H1B July-2004 to July-2007  Came to USA in Aug 2001 and completed masters in June 2004
Company A H1B Extension July-2007 to July-2010  
Company A PERM and I-140 Approved with Company A Year 2007  
Company A Received 221g during H1b Stamping in India  Nov 2009  
Company A Received email from US consulate from India that your case has been sent back to USCIS for review and possible revocation  Jan 2010 I recently checked status online for my h1b petition and it says during your notice was returned back to USCIS because post office could not be delivered. This message was from July 2010. And I am not sure about the details of this Notice.
Company B New H1B with another company Apr 2010 to June 2012  
Company B PERM and I-140 Approved with Company B Year 2011  
Company A I-485 Applied with Company A as my priority date was current  March 2011  
Company C AC-21 Filed (Port from Company A to Company C)  July 2012  Started working full time for Company C from June 2012
Company C Received GC  Sept 2012 I am working for Same Client (Company C) since 2007

Any input will be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

On 2/14/2019 at 11:52 PM, jyothirajs said:

Hi, I got Employment based GC in Sep 2014. I was with the same company since Sep 2003 and still working. I will be eligible to apply for US citizenship in Jun 2019. If I had to leave the company and not apply for any other job, would that be a problem for getting US citizenship. Please let me know.

No, that should not be an issue for your naturalization application. 

On 2/15/2019 at 12:14 PM, USAGCN400 said:

Hi

Please find my timelines below. Do you foresee any questions or issues during my N-400 Citizenship interview regarding Company A H1B issues?

I am more concerned because I recently checked case status online for my Company H1B petition and it says during July 2010, notice was returned back to USCIS because post office could not be delivered. This message was from July 2010. And I am not sure about the details of this Notice. I do not know if my H1b petition was denied during 2010 with Company A and what was the reason for denial or revocation if it was denied. I also received one letter from DOL recently that Company A was investigated for some back wages issue for July 2004 and I can claim this amount from US Treasury.

I was with the same client Company C since 2007 to 2015 and port my GC to Company C using AC-21. Should I be worried about Company A questions during my citizenship interview?

Company A First H1B July-2004 to July-2007  Came to USA in Aug 2001 and completed masters in June 2004
Company A H1B Extension July-2007 to July-2010  
Company A PERM and I-140 Approved with Company A Year 2007  
Company A Received 221g during H1b Stamping in India  Nov 2009  
Company A Received email from US consulate from India that your case has been sent back to USCIS for review and possible revocation  Jan 2010 I recently checked status online for my h1b petition and it says during your notice was returned back to USCIS because post office could not be delivered. This message was from July 2010. And I am not sure about the details of this Notice.
Company B New H1B with another company Apr 2010 to June 2012  
Company B PERM and I-140 Approved with Company B Year 2011  
Company A I-485 Applied with Company A as my priority date was current  March 2011  
Company C AC-21 Filed (Port from Company A to Company C)  July 2012  Started working full time for Company C from June 2012
Company C Received GC  Sept 2012 I am working for Same Client (Company C) since 2007

Any input will be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Your questions are circumstance specific and therefore it is advisable to speak directly with one of our attorneys. 

Archived