What is 'the status' if H1b petition is withdrawn while case is pending with RFE

kumarjish10

My employer has applied for H1b transfer/change of employer. I am working on receipt notice. My petition got RFE and employer is going to reply for it. But employer is thinking that it may get denied. He want to withdraw H1b petition. 
Now if I apply for H4 and my employer withdraws pending H1b petition, Am I 'out of status' from the date my H1b petition applied to till I receive my H4? 
Could you please let me know if any of you have experienced this kind of situation? Thanks for your help.

On 2/14/2019 at 12:21 PM, kumarjish10 said:

My employer has applied for H1b transfer/change of employer. I am working on receipt notice. My petition got RFE and employer is going to reply for it. But employer is thinking that it may get denied. He want to withdraw H1b petition. 
Now if I apply for H4 and my employer withdraws pending H1b petition, Am I 'out of status' from the date my H1b petition applied to till I receive my H4? 
Could you please let me know if any of you have experienced this kind of situation? Thanks for your help.

Better to go out of country and come back with H-4 stamp before your employer requests for withdrawal. Easy and quick option.

Archived